Project Media Coordinator
The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor, a Geneva-based nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with regional offices and representatives across Europe and the MENA region, operates as a complement to and partner with other human rights organizations. Through our projects and in-depth reports, we both empower the vulnerable groups and probe broad patterns of behavior that call out for sustained attention. When helpful, we pose recommendations for dealing with humanitarian crises and helping those affected.
Euro-Med Monitor has launched the second phase of its Women’s Leadership Incubator (WLI) project, funded by the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation, and designed to mainstream gender equity and women’s rights/empowerment in the Gaza Strip. Euro-Med Monitor is therefore looking to recruit a Part-time Media Coordinator based in Gaza, to work as part of the project team.
Job Title: Media Coordinator – Part time
Duty Station: Gaza, Palestinian Territories
Project: Women’s Leadership Incubator
Duration of Employment: May 2018 – December 2018
Organizational Setting: The employee will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
As a Media Coordinator, you are expected to:
- Prepare and conduct all activities of WLI project's media including but not limited to radio spots, posters, social media activities, brochures and other media and advocacy materials.
- Manage media relations and other promotion activities related to the project by writing news releases, contacting media outlets to pitch related stories, coordinating video shoots, etc.
- Liaise with project consultants and target groups.
- Serve as spokesperson for the project at meetings and media events.
- Create project literature and other forms of communication.
- Prepare media plans and progress reports.
- Take photos and record videos of all program activities and do the necessary editing.
- Take responsibility for program communication channels including online such as Facebook and/or other social media.
- Perform any other tasks requested by the project manager.
- University degree in media, journalism, public relations, English, or another related field.
- Experience in liaising and cooperating with NGOs.
- Reliable, broad and current understanding of women's rights and gender equity.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience in media relations and/or public relations a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, including grace under pressure and diplomacy with difficult personalities.
- Skills in photography, writing stories, press releases and other media materials.
- Excellent English proficiency, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple activities.
Please send your application no later than 5 April 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include a letter of motivation and CV. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation.
- Why do you think you are the right fit for this position?
- Which of your experiences would you use in this position?
Please note that due to the nature of the work only female applicants will be considered.