About Euro-Med Monitor
The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor (Euro-Med Monitor), a Geneva-based nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with regional offices and representatives across Europe and the MENA region, operates as a complement to and partner with other human rights organizations. Through our projects and in-depth reports, we both empower the vulnerable groups and probe broad patterns of behavior that call out for sustained attention. When helpful, we pose recommendations for dealing with humanitarian crises and helping those affected.
Background and job purpose
Euro-Med Monitor is seeking candidates of high dedication and professionalism who are aligned with our human rights values for the position of a campaign officer, under the overall guidance of Euro-Med Monitor’s MENA department.
- Support the organization’s management and day-to-day operations of advocacy team.
- Develop Euro-Med Monitor’s advocacy campaigns.
- Represent and link the organization externally on issues related to human rights in the MENA region and Europe.
- Develop and maintain relationship with key partners, decision makers and international organizations.
- Work closely with the media team to ensure desired outcomes of advocacy activities.
- Draft letters, public comments, and other communications.
- Draft and submit official complaints to UN bodies.
- Assist in preparing for events, meetings, and launch of reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: Advanced University degree in international law, human rights, media, or any related field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or internship.
Experience: Three years of experience working with human rights organizations and internationalbodies.
Knowledge & Skills: Proven Experience communicating and coordinating with UN agencies, international organizations, and officials. Experience working with human rights organizations and international bodies.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic or French.
Location: Geneva – London – Palestinian territory
Terms and conditions
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit a two- or three-paragraph description of yourself and your relevant qualifications at Geneva@euromedmonitor.org
Monday, 15 August 2020