Part-Time Position: Junior Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator (Germany)
Who We Are: The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor is a youth-led independent, nonprofit organization that advocates for the human rights of all persons across Europe and the MENA region, particularly those who live in the throes of war, political unrest, occupation, or have been displaced due to persecution or armed conflict.
We always seek to expand our outreach around the world with enthusiastic and devoted members who would help raise awareness about human rights violations across the MENA region and Europe, as well as spread knowledge of international laws and conventions, connect with decision-makers and influence progress in both regions.
We Are Seeking: Our Europe Regional Office is seeking to add a new talented and energetic member to our team for the position of: Junior Outreach and Advocacy Coordinator in Germany.
The paid position is part-time and will be conducted online. The dates and hours are flexible, but ideally, the applicant should be available for 10-20 hours per week for 10 weeks (subject to extension). The new team member will work closely with both the Europe and MENA teams, assisting with (amongst other tasks) advocacy, organizing events, communications, translation between English and German. The topics to be covered range from armed conflicts, refugees and migrants, minority groups and human rights progress/violations in the MENA region and Europe.
- Drafting, editing, or translating reports, press releases and other publications between English and German.
- Coordinating and organizing seminars, conferences, lectures, or other events.
- Conducting advocacy and managing communications with German decision-makers, think tanks, universities, and NGOs.
- Expanding the organization’s outreach, including arranging partnerships and collaborations with other relevant organizations in Germany.
- Representing the organization in media and international events, including sessions at UN Human Rights Council, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Identifying opportunities and calls for proposals for projects related to the organization's goals and mission, and drafting project proposals.
- Creating media content, including video scripts and social media posts.
Applicants must be:
- Located in Germany.
- Graduated from or is currently enrolled in the last year of master’s program in areas relevant to the position, including Human Rights, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Law, Political science or any other related field.
- Candidate who have a bachelor’s degree will be considered if relevant experience is demonstrated.
- Have excellent command of English and German (French or Arabic are desirable).
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and reliable with a strong interest in human rights.
- Relevant coursework and previous experience in international law and German government and institutions is desirable.
- Have presentation, writing, editing, research, oral advocacy and/or communication skills.
- Computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office and internet applications) are required.
How to Apply: Please apply by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a resume, a cover letter, and a brief writing sample. Only complete applications will be reviewed, and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The deadline for applications is the 31 August 2020