The Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor, a Geneva-based nonprofit, nongovernmental organization with regional offices and representatives across Europe and the MENA region, operates as a complement to and partner with other human rights organizations. Through our projects and in-depth reports, we both empower the vulnerable groups and probe broad patterns of behavior that call out for sustained attention. When helpful, we pose recommendations for dealing with humanitarian crises and helping those affected.
Euro-Med Monitor has received a grant from the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation, to implement a one-year project designed to mainstream gender equity and women’s rights/empowerment in the Gaza Strip. Euro-Med Monitor is therefore looking to recruit a part-time project accountant based in Gaza, to work as part of the project team.
Job Title: Project accountant - Part time
Duty Station: Gaza, Palestinian Territories
Project: Women’s Leadership Incubator
Duration of Employment: February 2017 – February 2018
Organizational Setting: The employee will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
As a project accountant, you are expected to:
- Maintain internal financial control over the project.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including project cash flow, and review with project management team
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintain project-related records, including contracts and change orders
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups
- Report to management regarding the remaining funding available for projects
- University degree with knowledge in accounting, finance or a related field.
- At least two years of experience in financial and accounting work, solid experience budgeting, planning and reporting on international funded projects
- Good computer skills in common word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet (MS Excel), and accounting software.
- Working English language skills in both writing and speaking
Kindly send your application no later than 10 February 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV.
Please note that due to the nature of the work only female applicants will be considered.