Closing date: 15 December 2021
Location: Euro-Med Monitor's regional office in Gaza - Palestinian territories
Background: We Are Not Numbers (WANN) was founded in 2015 under the umbrella of Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Monitor in the Gaza Strip. The project has a mission to “tell the human stories behind the numbers in the news” by pairing Palestinian youth with native-English writers from around the world who coach them on how to tell their personal narratives, and those of others, in a way that would resonate with readers from other cultures.
Visit the project’s website here: www.wearenotnumbers.org
WANN is seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position of a Community Outreach and Partnership Officer under the guidance and direct supervision of WANN’s Project Manager, with oversight by the WANN’s Board. The expected duration of the contract is 11 months. Extension will be conditioned on a satisfactory performance evaluation as well as availability of funding under the project.
Job description: Coordinate and build strong partnerships with local and international partners.
- Activate community members and liaise regularly with WANN junior and senior members.
- Map and prepare a database of WANN’s local partners, civil society, universities, and colleges.
- Reach out regularly to new and old partners.
- Present outreach priorities to the team regularly.
- Design and prepare the outreach annual recruitment and fundraising campaigns.
- Support organizing activities, training sessions, and regular circles and follow up with writers.
- Write newsletter articles, as assigned by the project manager, to highlight WANN’s achievements and efforts.
- Represent the project faithfully with the media and other partners, upon the request of the Project Manager and the Board.
- Review and analyze the WANN’s virtual and local presence.
Innovation: ability to make new and useful ideas work.
Leadership: ability to persuade other writers and partners; generates commitment, excitement and excellence in others.
People management: ability to listen, persuade and adapt; synthesizes information to communicate independent analysis.
Delivery: ability to get things done while exercising good judgment; meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of required tasks.
Project management: ability to plan, organize and control social media content.
Partnerships: ability to engage with other local partners, universities, schools and donors; forges productive working relationships through social media.
Results-based-management: ability to support WANN’s mission and community members to achieve desired results with an ability to manage multiple social media platforms and insights according to deadlines, assuring no tasks fall through the cracks, with minimal direction.
Social media: professional ability to deal with social media platforms and design Infographics and conduct other graphic and editing related tasks for posters and videos.
Report writing: ability to prepare efficient reports.
- BA in international reactions, administrations, journalism, English, public policy, political sciences, development or any social science field. Experience:
- At least two years of professional experience.
- Administrative reporting.
- Storytelling; having been published is an asset.
Being a senior or junior member of WANN is a great asset.
He/she must be:
- Willing and able to be available during off hours to respond to overseas team members and take on media tasks.
- Willing and able to be present in the WANN Gaza City office most workdays.
Interested applicants should send their CV, cover letter and a writing sample by the 15 December to email@example.com, with a title (Community Outreach+ your name).