Position: Full-time Projects Coordinator
Place: Euro-Med Monitor’s regional office in Beirut
Closing date: Sunday, 8 January 2023 by 11:59pm (EET)
The Projects Coordinator is responsible for handling tasks as delegated by the Office Coordinator and related to all projects implemented by Euro-Med Monitor’s Beirut office. These tasks range from administrative work to human rights research projects. The Projects Coordinator reports to the Office Coordinator and the Strategy Director.
Euro-Med Human Rights Monitor youth-led, independent, nonprofit organisation that advocates for the human rights of all persons across Europe and the MENA region, particularly those who live under occupation, in the throes of war or political unrest, and/ or have been displaced due to persecution or armed conflict. Euro-Med Monitor is Geneva-based, with regional offices and representatives across the MENA region and Europe.
- Work closely with other members of Euro-Med Monitor’s team on various projects, including human rights reports, research projects, and media campaigns.
- Handle administrative tasks related to projects implemented by the Beirut regional office, to keep things running smoothly on a regular basis.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor project plans and schedules.
- Ensure projects deadlines are met.
- Organise and facilitate staff meetings where appropriate.
- Conduct monthly progress reports and submit them to the Office Coordinator and the Strategy Director.
- Serve as point of communication between the organisation and its target groups and partners.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Team player: Can work well with team members in different offices and countries.
- Innovation-minded: Makes new and practical ideas work.
- Time-management skills: Able to plan and organise tasks while managing time effectively.
- People-management skills: Listens, persuades, adapts, and synthesises information to communicate independent analysis.
- Ability to deliver: Gets things done while exercising sound judgment; meets goals and quality criteria for delivery of required tasks.
- Project coordination: Can plan, organise, and control projects effectively.
- Forms and maintains partnerships: Able to engage with local partners including universities, organisations, and donors, and forge productive working relationships with these partners.
- Uses results-based management techniques: Able to support Euro-Med’s mission and achieve results; able to meet deadlines and complete tasks with minimal direction.
- Writing: Able to prepare and format well-written, comprehensive, and accurate reports.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in business administration, human rights, public relations, or any other related field is ideal.
Experience: At least three years of professional experience in a related field.
Availability: The candidate must be willing and able to be available during off-hours (typically via the Internet but sometimes in person) to respond to overseas team members, the media, and to attend sessions with the writers.
Kindly submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, 8 January 2023 by 11:59pm (EET). Applications should include a letter of motivation in addition to a resume.
Please note that due to the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.